Thursday, April 4, 2013

Wisdom and Wit from author Judith Marshall

 
Welcome to 4covert2overt in 33 Days Judith can you tell us a little about yourself?

I am a human resources professional, born and raised in Northern California.  I have two grown children, no pets, and a wonderful husband.  












What is your book is about?

The story takes place in Northern California in the spring of 2000, when the dot-com boom was at its peak. Elizabeth Reilly-Hayden is a successful executive in her late fifties and a divorced mother of two.  Emotionally armored and living alone, she wants only to maintain the status quo: her long-term significant other, her job, and her trusted friends—five feisty women whose high school friendship has carried them through multiple marriages, dramatic divorces, and maddening menopause. Yet in a matter of days, the three anchors that have kept her moored are ripped away.

The group of lifelong pals gathers at Lake Tahoe to attend to the funeral arrangements of their beloved friend, and tries to unravel the mystery of her death. Through their shared tragedy, Liz learns how disappointment and grief can bloom into healing and hope.

I’m thrilled to say the book has been optioned for the big screen. 

BUY The Book on AMAZON

What inspired you to write?

I always knew I wanted to write a novel, but life kept getting in the way.  In 1997, a friend sent me the novel The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. After reading the book, I realized it was time for me to write, while I still had a few brain cells left. 

What authors influenced you as a writer? 

I love Richard Russo’s style of writing. 

What is your favorite Quote?

“A good friend will come and bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, ‘Damn that was fun!’”

          - Anonymous 

Why is it your favorite?

It exemplifies my relationship with my girlfriends. We’ve haven’t been thrown in jail yet, but there’s still time.  

If you could jump in to a book, and live in that world, which would it be?

“Eat, Love, Pray.”  What woman wouldn’t want the financial means to pick up and travel the world in search of the meaning of life? Totally unrealistic, but alluring.

 

What is at least one thing that every writer needs to have or do? 

Passion and persistence.  It took me thirteen years to see my book in print.

Passion and persistence very wise!
What are you currently working on? 

While anxiously awaiting the screenplay of “Husbands May Come and Go but Friends are Forever,” I’m putting the finishing touches on my second novel, “Staying Afloat,” the story of a devoted stay-at-home wife and mother who morphs into a sex-starved adulteress. 

Where readers can find you?   

www.judithmarshall.net

Thanks for taking the time to drop by and I wish you the greatest success and look forward to the movie!

M.C.V.Egan
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment