Sunday, June 9, 2013

MEET AUTHOR DEEPA AGARWAL

  www.deepaagarwal.com


I write mostly for children but sometimes I meander off to write for grown-ups too. You will find out about my books and my life here and I hope you have read or will enjoy reading them.
My stories are of different kinds, funny and sad, scary and mysterious. Some come from my own experiences, others are just made up. I also like to retell ancient Indian folktales, legends and myths. There are so many of them that I will never run out of material!
Though now I live in the busy and crowded city of New Delhi, I grew up in a very quiet little town in the foothills of the Himalayas. My stories are set in both these places as well as other interesting ones I have visited.

I was born in Almora, a small town in the foothills of the Himalayas. My maiden name was Deepa Rawat. My grandfather originally came from a village on the Indo-Tibetan border and settled down here. My father was a doctor and my mother a school teacher. I had two older sisters and one older, and two younger brothers.

We were quite familiar with the midnight knock-my father's patients who came from the villages nearby. He would set off on foot with his flashlight through the pine forests. At one time he used to make his calls on horseback.
Read more in link below...

ABOUT DEEPA AGARWAL






REAL and UNREAL


MYSTERY and ADVENTURE



TRADITIONAL TALES



BESTSELLERS



BOOKS FOR ADULTS



No comments:

Post a Comment