Friday, October 18, 2013

CLOSURE by ANGELA FORD SPOTLIGHT and INTERVIEW

 
 
 

Exciting new romantic suspense from debut author, Angela Ford. An elite FBI task force tracks online predators while they hunt their prey. A series of murders in Presario Heights has forced Special Agent Jessica Resario to follow her gut instinct to save the next victim. Supervisory Special Agent Tom Erickson removes her from the case. The only place to escape the danger is her family beach home. She hadn’t been there since her parents were murdered. The level of intensity climbs higher with her discovery of postcards marked “I Crave You”. Old ghosts, secrets, imminent threats and an inevitable attraction to Tom send her on an emotional roller coaster. If that wasn’t enough, she opens the door to a man she thought was dead. Tom is stabbed and his case files go missing…high emotions put Jess at the killer’s mercy.




·        What is your book about?

An elite FBI task force tracks online predators while they hunt their prey. A series of murders in Presario Heights has forced Special Agent Jessica Resario to follow her gut instinct to save the next victim. Supervisory Special Agent Tom Erickson removes her from the case. The only place to escape the danger is her family beach home. She hadn’t been there since her parents were murdered. The level of intensity climbs higher with her discovery of postcards marked “I Crave You”. Old ghosts, secrets, imminent threats and an inevitable attraction to Tom send her on an emotional roller coaster.

What inspired you to write this particular story (and/or series)?

Closure is about an elite FBI Internet Security Task Force tracking a serial Internet Predator. My years of dedicated volunteering with the schools gave me the idea for Closure. Our School Council held cyber safety seminars with our local police to help educate parents on Internet Safety for their children. Then I intertwined my love for romance and suspense into the idea.

·        Describe your writing in three words.

Engaging ~Intense ~Romance

·        Do you have specific techniques you use to develop the plot and stay on track?

My mind never stops…characters, plots and settings are constant in my thoughts. I love to create a story that will pull you in and build characters to fall in love with. I start with the major plot and I enjoy building the twists and turns as I write.

·        Are your characters in the book based on anyone you know?

No, but they become people I feel I know.

·        Was there any research involved in your work?

Yes. I used the knowledge I gained from Cyber Safety seminars and research involving Internet Predators and Crime Task Forces involved with Internet Security. Also through books and tv shows about crime investigation.

·        What authors inspire or influence your work?

Danielle Steele has always inspired my writing. Her writing pulls you into to fall in love with characters and settings. Also, Allison Brennan is a master of suspense.

·        Do you need visual media to describe people or places?

Most of the visual comes from my mind…how I visualize my characters or where they are and sometimes it is from memory of a place I have been or would like to go. Then I would say some visual may come from something I’ve seen or read.

 

·         (Some authors use pics. out of magazines)

·        Favorite snack when writing.

Chocolate J

·        Do you have a Muse?

·        Once a character is fully developed do you set them free or do they still dance around your mind?

A character is never fully developed until the end of the story and then still they continue to dance.

·        Is the Thesaurus one of your best writing friends?

I love my Thesaurus!

·        Who gets to read your drafts before they're published?

A critique partner and an honest friend; and of course, my mom and my editor.

·        Share with us your biggest hurdles in the writing process?

The query letter, the synopsis and the marketing…I just want to write J

·        Share the biggest hurdles in the marketing process.

It is a huge competitive market and you have to get your book out there. It is especially hard for a new author to get noticed but there are so many helpful resources, sites and fellow authors that are a huge help. I am thankful and blessed with my publisher and fellow authors for their amazing support and help…and my mom who is my biggest PR!

·        What project(s) are you working on now?

I am editing my second book, Unforgettable Kiss and almost finished my third book. Besides the endless marketing of Closure J

·        Is there anything else you would like to say to your readers?

I hope they love Closure as much as I do and I love to hear from them. Their comments and reviews make me smile. I feel successful when I hear they’ve enjoyed the read J

·        Thank you!!!

·        Where can readers find you and your book(s) online? 

 



Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Chapters/Indigo, Smashwords, Goodreads
 


Biography

Angela Ford works for Public Education and lives in Ontario, Canada with her two children. Being a mom has always filled her home with teenagers - her social network mentors. Angela is passionate about education. She has been dedicated and involved with cyber safety seminars. Her community involvement has given her an Award of Distinction.
The quiet moments she does find allows her to plot to intrigue her readers. She is a member of the RWA and an avid reader of Romance.
You can follow her at 
www.bookstogonow.com or visit her website at www.angelaford.net 
Closure is available eBook at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Indigo/Chapters, Smashwords
Closure is available in paperback at Amazon 
Angela Ford
Author of Closure
Twitter  @AngelaFord67

 

No comments:

Post a Comment