What is your book about? Two people who grew up together lost and beaten down by life itself. They find their way and find their way to each other.
What inspired you to write this particular story (and/or series)? Nothing in particular inspired this story. This was a college assignment that expanded into so much more
· Describe your writing in three words.
Real, fun, and emotional
· Do you have specific techniques you use to develop the plot and stay on track? No I let the characters take me where they want to go. It’s their story I write what the tell me to write.
· Are your characters in the book based on anyone you know? Not based on anyone I know but I do use certain aspects of individuals I know for the characters personalities
· Was there any research involved in your work? Some yes.
· What authors inspire or influence your work? J.R Ward, Melissa Schroder, Sylvia Day, Joey W. Hill I could go on
· Do you need visual media to describe people or places? No not at all.
· Favorite snack when writing. Green tea ice tea, or coffee and string cheese or fruit
· Do you have a Muse? Music. Music has always been my first love and it influences a lot of my work.
· Once a character is fully developed do you set them free or do they still dance around your mind? I set them free. I like to give the free reign
· Is the Thesaurus one of your best writing friends? That and my friend who is a super nerd lol. I’m always hitting her up for word choices
· Who gets to read your drafts before they're published? My friend. She’s an active reader so her input is vital. As well as my boyfriend. I need a male perspective to keep things as real as possible.
· Share with us your biggest hurdles in the writing process? Finishing something. I tend to write and then stop and start up again a while later.
· Share the biggest hurdles in the marketing process. It’s hard to get your book out there. It’s something that you have to be on top of constantly.
· What project(s) are you working on now? Second installment in my Shattered Hearts Series
· Is there anything else you would like to say to your readers? Thank you for your support, I’m new to this, but I promise if you stick with me you will be thoroughly surprised =)
· Where can readers find you and your book(s) online? Readers can find me on www.facebook.com/nicolebanks13
My Book is available on iTunes as well as the following: