Saturday, October 19, 2013

SHATTERED by Nicole Banks


·       
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 











What is your book about? Two people who grew up together lost and beaten down by life itself. They find their way and find their way to each other.
 
 
 

·       
What inspired you to write this particular story (and/or series)?  Nothing in particular inspired this story. This was a college assignment that expanded into so much more
 
 

·        Describe your writing in three words.
 
Real, fun, and emotional

·        Do you have specific techniques you use to develop the plot and stay on track? No I let the characters take me where they want to go. It’s their story I write what the tell me to write.

·        Are your characters in the book based on anyone you know? Not based on anyone I know but I do use certain aspects of individuals I know for the characters personalities

·        Was there any research involved in your work? Some yes.

·        What authors inspire or influence your work? J.R Ward, Melissa Schroder, Sylvia Day, Joey W. Hill I could go on

·        Do you need visual media to describe people or places?  No not at all.

·        Favorite snack when writing. Green tea ice tea, or coffee and string cheese or fruit

·        Do you have a Muse? Music. Music has always been my first love and it influences a lot of my work.

·        Once a character is fully developed do you set them free or do they still dance around your mind? I set them free. I like to give the free reign

·        Is the Thesaurus one of your best writing friends? That and my friend who is a super nerd lol. I’m always hitting her up for word choices

·        Who gets to read your drafts before they're published? My friend. She’s an active reader so her input is vital. As well as my boyfriend. I need a male perspective to keep things as real as possible.

·        Share with us your biggest hurdles in the writing process? Finishing something. I tend to write and then stop and start up again a while later.

·        Share the biggest hurdles in the marketing process. It’s hard to get your book out there. It’s something that you have to be on top of constantly.

·        What project(s) are you working on now? Second installment in my Shattered Hearts Series

·        Is there anything else you would like to say to your readers? Thank you for your support, I’m new to this, but I promise if you stick with me you will be thoroughly surprised =)

·        Where can readers find you and your book(s) online? Readers can find me on www.facebook.com/nicolebanks13

My Book is available on iTunes as well as the following:


Smashwords       



 

No comments:

Post a Comment