Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A is for ART and ARTISTS

 
I  LOVE ART ! Art in every form is Amazing to me. Art like beauty is subjective but I am pretty sure you will all agree that my choice is a good one.
 
At 14 years old as a freshman in a small all girl high school in the Washington D.C. suburbs I met Lisa. Her art was extraordinary, she stood out and fearlessly created. She never copied, she created. 
 
In my life I have had the good fortune to interact with many wonderful artists but somehow  the feeling of that first image that inspires and fills you and makes you realize that you are witnessing something remarkable, that feeling at 14 admiring LIS ZADRAVEC's work  was magical.
 
A is for ART and I share a few pieces by a friend of my youth a great ARTIST and her links for your pleasure.
 
 

http://www.lisarts.com/


Girl heroes and animal stories.wordpress.com


ON facebook
 
 
Looking Back, colored pencil, 9.5 x 10"This piece also won the March 2014 CPAL Featured Artist Bruynzeel Award,
a competition voted on by my peers and professional colored pencil artists.

                                     Breaking Bread, 11.5 x 15", mixed media on canvas,
will be on display at the "Along Loudoun Waterways" Exhibit
at Gallery One in the Loudoun County Government Center,
1 Harrison St. SE, Leesburg from
January 8th through March 14th
                         
 
 
 Milo,colored pencil on
claybord, 5 x 5"
private collection
 
the Juliette, colored pencil, 15 x 18",
SOLD prints available
 
 
 
 
 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment