Thursday, November 12, 2015

SORROW DREAMS by Stacy Margaret Allan


 
·         What is your book about?

Sorrow Dreams is a crime thriller novel. Dawn Napier, aged 19, has been adopted by rich parents and kept isolated, but she breaks free and discovers what life is like on the wrong side of town. Her wild actions when she was a young woman continue to affect her family as she grows up. She manages to track down her real parents along the way and she meets the sort of relatives she couldn’t even have imagined.

 

·         What inspired you to write this particular story?

 

My teenage years were an important catalyst for the book, which is when I tried out smoking, drinking and dangerous behavior.

 

·       
 
 
 
 
  Describe your writing in three words.
Gritty, raw, exciting.
 


 

·         Was there any research involved in your work?

 

I’ve worked in a bookies and a council office so it was easy to describe them. I found out how the The Minto Lounge looked inside after seeing someone’s Facebook photos and I studied an estate agent’s website to find out the layout of Nicole’s flat. I had to change the name of a police officer because a real policeman in my local area has the name I was going to use and a policewoman informed me of which job titles to give my police officers.

 

 

·         Share the biggest hurdles in the marketing process.

With a very small budget, I’m relying on local newspapers and social media to spread the word about Sorrow Dreams. I’d love to be able to leaflet everybody in a fifty mile radius but I just can’t afford it. I think I’m going to try radio stations next!

 

 

·         What project(s) are you working on now?

Broken Dreams is the sequel to Sorrow Dreams. It follows the lives of the same characters but I’m also giving more focus to those who surrounded the main characters from Sorrow Dreams. In the direction it’s going just now, some old arguments will be settled and put to bed but new ones will spring up and explode. I can’t wait to write the ending because it’s a very dramatic scene!

 

 

·         Where can readers find you and your book(s) online? 

 


 
 

 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment