- What are some of your pet peeves?
I don’t care for people who disrespect other’s values, beliefs and dreams.
I also don’t like people who want you to support them but won’t do the same for you.
- Who is your hero and why?
My hero was my mother. All the sacrifices and time she put into raising four children.
- What are you passionate about these days?
I am passionate about education, equal rights and people in the filming and publishing industry supporting one another. I am also passionate about giving people jobs or mentoring them to pursue their dreams. I also finding ways to help the homeless.
- Describe yourself in 5 words or less!
Social, Humble, Creative, Supportive
- When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I decided I was a writer when I wrote my first screenplay.
- Do you have a favorite movie?
My favorite movie would be Friday the 13th franchise except part five.
- What inspired you to write this book?
It was originally a screenplay that I had to cancel it due to unfortunate circumstances. My wife encouraged me to make it a book.
- Is there a writer which brain you would love to pick for advice? Who would that be and why?
Jeffery Deaver because he writes compelling yet powerful characters. He puts a lot into his characters development and I would love to learn to pick his brain about how he does it.
- What book do you think everyone should read?
Breaking Generational Curse and Pulling Down Strongholds by Vito Rallo
The Bone Collector and The Skin Collector by Jeffery Deaver.
- How long have you been writing?
I have been writing for about nine years if you're counting my first screenplay.
- Do you read yourself and if so what is your favorite genre?
Thrillers, mysteries, superhero graphic novels and comic books.
- Do you prefer to write in silence or with noise? Why?
I prefer to have noise. It is not a distraction but is very soothing.
- Pen or typewriter or computer?
I normally write on my laptop but have my notes in a notebook written in pen.
- The advice they would give new authors?
I hate to be cliché but just write.
- What are they currently reading?
Reminiscences of the Cuban Revolutionary War by Che Guevara
Eliminate distractions and get started because you would have already been in the career you dreamed of had you not been distracted. Don’t let someone else tell you what your dream is. Be honest with yourself and pursue it no matter what even if it means eliminating people from your life.
- How long on average does it take you to write a book?
It takes about two to three months for me to write a script or book.
Alan D. Wills is a filmmaker and author, who loves horror and fantasy. He is an avid movie watcher and reader of graphic novels and comic books. He encourages readers to visit steeledgefilms.wordpress.com to learn more about his films and other works.
Follow the tour HERE for special content and a giveaway!