Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A new beginning: Interview with M.C.V. Egan, author of “The Bridge ...

 
 
 
5.0 out of 5 stars An exceptional novel, May 7, 2013


I must say that I would have given "The Bridge of Deaths" more stars, had the standard allowed me to go beyond five. So I had to accept the limitations, and have rated it FIVE STARS.
"The Bridge of Deaths" is a poignant account of a true story that took place at the brink of World War II, when an English plane crashed and sunk in Danish waters. M.C.V. Egan's novel is an impressive testimony of her quest to discover the true circumstances behind her grandfather's death. The story skillfully blends fiction with non-fiction, and displays an amazing, painstaking historical research that by no means clutters the novel, nor does it make it harder to read. To the contrary, it makes it fascinating, keeping the reader glued to the pages, all the more because it is beautifully blended in perfect balance with elements of romance, mystery, psychology and parapsychology. A good book is one that makes us worry that it will end too soon. I had already started to think so when I was half way through "The Bridge of Death". This is a novel that I'd love to read over and over again.



A new beginning: Interview with M.C.V. Egan, author of “The Bridge ...: I have been waiting for quite some time to offer to all my friends who so kindly joined me on this blog the opportunity to discover an amazi...

No comments:

Post a Comment