Sunday, August 18, 2013

READ BETWEEN THE LINES presents FIRE BURNS by TRISTA DAY

 
 
Title: Fire Burns
Author: Trista Day
Series: The Unforgiven Series
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Self Published
Release Date: Mar 2013
Blurb/Synopsis:


Callie Demasi just started her senior year at Crystalport High and her life couldn't be any more ordinary. Then the nightmares start, and a strange creature tries to attack her in her sleep. If that isn't bad enough, her body starts to do things she never imagined were possible; like hold fire in the palm of her hand. It seems that the only person who knows what's really happening to her is a ghost creature named Draven - if she can keep him from disappearing on her. It's not until after her best friend Zilla is kidnapped, and she meets the handsome and arrogant Cole, that Callie begins to put the pieces together. Will her newfound powers be strong enough to save the life of her BFF, or will they both be doomed to the same fate?


Excerpt

He scooted in closer to me smiling and brushed away a strand of fallen hair. The gesture made my face flush so I averted my eyes, trying to find something else
equally compelling to look at.
“Don’t do that,” he said resting his hand under my chin and tilting it back towards
him. “I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable, but I love looking into your eyes.”
“You do?” I asked slightly taken aback. My eyes were usually not the feature guys
liked the most.
“Yes,” he assured me, “I imagine the color of them is like a pool under the shade of a
forest of ancient trees. They remind me of somewhere I grew up.”
I wanted to ask him more about that, but instead I interrupted his kind words by
blurting out, “Why did you want to go out with me?” Way to ruin the moment, I thought
to myself. He frowned. “Sorry,” I said embarrassed. “It’s just that I haven’t really dated
before and usually the guys are into one of my friends, not me.” I sighed and closed my
eyes. “I probably just ruined my chance at a second date didn’t I?”
He shook his head and laughed. “Well, let’s see here, when we first met you were
rude, obnoxious, and a bit on the arrogant side.” I scowled. “Then you came stalking
over to me to apologize, which, if you ask me, was pretty ballsy. Then you hauled off
and kissed me, amazing by the way, even if it was to make another guy jealous. I just
couldn’t help myself after that. You’re enchanting and sassy, everything I want in a
woman.”


Trista Day is a married 29 year old mother of two with an obsession for collecting anything Alice in Wonderland and The Labyrinth. In between eating too much chocolate and watching The Fifth Element, she loves to read and write young adult/teen science fiction, fantasy and paranormal romance.





Places to find Trista 


FOLLOW THE TOUR
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment