Friday, September 6, 2013

Meet Su Williams and DREAM WEAVER



Image of Su WilliamsLegally, my name is Susan Barton, but I write under the pen name Su Williams (my maiden name). I am a 48 year old mother of 4, Sarah, Josiah, Jack and Aundraic. I'm married to Ben and we have 2 cats, a garder snake, a crested gecko named Reid (like in Criminal Minds) and a beagle, Dyson (yes like the vacuum) who is my favorite teddy puppy.
I was born in Little Rock, AK. My daddy was military and my parents finally decided that Spokane, WA was the place for us and this is where I've lived since I was about 10.
I have an AA in Early Childhood Education and Certificate in Special Education.
I always wrote special poems for family birthdays, and began to write short stories in Jr. High. I quit writing for many years but after a self-esteem building program of hypnosis, and reading Twilight, I was inspired. I said, "I could do that." So I did.
I am also a bit of a photographer. You can check out some of my pics on Pinterest.com.
One of my photos has been published in the political humor book Red Dog/Blue Dog by Chuck Sambuchino.




I wasn't asking for past. Not even a future. Just a few less painful memories to make surviving the present a bit more bearable. Twisted metal incinerates my life. Night terrors stalk my sleep and haunt my daydreams. The whispers of a predator promise pain and fear. I am defenseless against the tow into my own personal abyss. The urge to slash my tender flesh rages--perhaps the only choice left me, if only to escape this roiling fear within. Two men invade my life and battle for my fate; one a destroyer, and one a saviour. But is my saviour real, or simply a figment of my ravaged
imagination—or something more sinister? How does he capture my nightmares and draw out the brutal poison of the chimera? And why does he evanesce into the cool grey mist of morning with a single whispered word? ‘Forget…’ Nickolas Benedetti is a Dream Weaver, an ancient and arcane immortal race able to cull and control memories and dreams. Picketed by a promise and a growing love, Nick must rescue Emari from the waves of darkness that crest over her head as she teeters on the razor’s edge. The Eyes Have It! This book is a clear case of “the eyes have it”. You are drawn in immediately by the cover image. The imagery of a young girl asleep with the mesmerizing eyes overlooking her bed instantly gets your brain working on numerous levels. Are the eyes evil or they good? These are just a few of the things that go through your head. It is always good if you can get someone’s brain working before they even open the cover of the book. Once Su gets you inside the book, the fun really begins. The young sleeping girl becomes a tragic figure in her own life. So many horrible things happen to her in such a short amount of time she begins to think she cannot make it and looks to over means of comfort. The dream weaver, Nick is painfully aware of her plight and does all he can to end her pain. I don’t want to ruin the story line, but as the story continues Nick and Emari must face many decisions that will affect both of them together an individually. There are many twists in this story that no one really sees coming until you are in the middle of them. The story is exciting and suspenseful. Ms. Williams does an excellent job of handling some very delicate social issues that affect many of our young adults today. Her characters are developed well and the plight of the young Emari is most believable. Emari suffers from an actual condition well known among our young people and Ms. Williams works hard in her story line to let those young people know that there is more to life than pain. She gives them a choice and a way out of their misery. Not only is this a fabulous fantasy read, it is a social commentary that lends help and support to a number of afflicted young people. Ms. Williams has written the story with the compassion of one that understands and knows the pain that they feel. The helpful message is there and clearly stated for those that need it, for the rest of us, it is just a mesmerizing story full of beautiful imagery and fabulous characters. The book is well worth the price in entertainment alone. Kandy Kay Scaramuzzo Angela 5 stars Finished the book in just a few days and am already excited about the possibility of more! The characters will keep you engaged and the story is masterfully written. The author has done a beautiful job from start to finish. Sequel please, soon! Mischelley66 5 stars I loved this book..I was capativated by the characters..I was drawn in and had a hard time putting the book down..I can't wait until the rest of the series so I can find out what happens. :) Jesica 5 stars This book was amazing, captivates you from chapter one! I could not put it down, characters and plot were riveting, can't wait for the author to come out with more novels, Number one book of the year! Dream Weaver has been called "well written. A powerful read, atmospheric and dark." Su Williams' "style packs a punch...imagery is original and precise."










No comments:

Post a Comment