Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A to Z Challenge ... Today the letter is "G" and G is for GOURD



 

Welcome A to Z challenge followers and enjoy the letter G

 
 


G is for GOURD, I love gourds, There is a huge variety and they are decorative as well as edible. Some decorative gourds are musical .I like them as decorative objects .





These are just too cool...maybe I'l take a gourd decorating class.



I also love to eat them ! 


I bought this one in Arizona


A gourd is a plant of the family Cucurbitaceae. The term refers to a number of species and subspecies, many with hard shells. Likely one of the earliest domesticated types of plants, subspecies of the bottle gourd have been discovered in archaeological sites dating from as early as 13,000 BC. Today, research is being conducted into bitter gourds to reduce the unpleasant taste while keeping the nutritional and medicinal benefits. Gourds have had numerous uses throughout history, including as tools, musical instruments, objects of art and food.


I think this one is also from Arizona
 
 
Beautiful colors and lovely taste think Squash.
 



Demand Media Video -- powered by ehow.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment