Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Long Time No Talk with TOI THOMAS

I have made some great buddies through cyberspace, so many indeed at times it is hard to keep up.
I met Toi Thomas a few years ago, I was very impressed by her interview format and requested an interview.
I am a big fan of ETERNAL CURSE & The Companion Guide to the Book ( A Brilliant Idea I plan to copy some day).
I have learned a lot from this young woman, and I just love catching up with her,  and it just has been too long since we had a nice chat...... 


1) Happy New Year Toi, I hope you closed 2014 on a happy note. Any new plans for 2015?
Well my 2014 ended on a sour note, but I have high hopes for 2015. This year my husband and I will celebrate 10 years of marriage. It almost makes me feel old, but I don’t mind so much because he’s getting old with me. I’ve been working hard to crawl out my shell and spend time with people outside of my family and have actually made some cool new friends. I’m feeling pretty blessed right now.
OLD? Oh my friend from where I stand (Old enough to be your mother) you are OOOZING with youth! Ten years is great, my husband and I are celebrating 24 this year.


2) Did I notice more reviews on your blog? Or is it my own guilty feeling that I do not review often?  
In 2014 I started something new that I’m happy to continue. I’ve stepped up my reviewing efforts. I try to post two book reviews a month and have even started to review movies. Some people have preferences with these two story methods, but I love them both. Here’s a link to one of my more interesting movie reviews.
That is really clever to set a goal of two reviews per month.

Also, I’ve been gaining some interest in my personal memes: My Geekdom, Top 5, and Listography. I really enjoy seeing readers contribute their answers to the post of the day. I’ve been steadily working to improve The ToiBox of Words and even just recently completed my latest renovation, which makes it easier for readers to learn about my books and find where to buy them.

I love the Geekdom Top 5, I remember when you were so kind to video interview me and you taught me about my Geekdom, I am so fortunate to have young friends


3) As you know I am a BIG fan of Eternal Curse any news on the series?
Well, now that I’m without a publisher and feeling pretty good about it, I’ve decided to hit the ground running with my Eternal Curse Series. I recently performed a cold relaunch for the latest edition and am planning a big release for the sequel on May 16th 2015 at my local Tidewater Comicon. I’m so excited. I’ll even be launching a video series to promote it on my whacky You Tube channel.
 
 


4) Dreams, Hopes and Desires?
I’d love for this year to be all about sales, but I honestly have more planed than that.  Since I’m crawling out of my shell, I figured I’d try some new things. I have a romance I wanted to publish early this year, but I put it aside to work on Eternal Curse. Have no fear; it’s still coming out and I can’t wait to really sharing
it people. I’ve already been teasing my readers with my Sample Sunday posts, which feature samples from both Eternal Curse books and my romance, It’s like the Full Moon. 

Today is a full moon! I am so thrilled you dropped by and I hope everyone will also visit THE TOIBOX of WORDS  and see what I am up to in 2015
In 2015 one of my new hobbies is making fun video and here is what I made for my friend Toi Thomas. Oh Toi... I should make one for the companion guide
 
 

                     ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.☆ ☆ BEST WISHES FOR GREAT SUCCESS IN 2015☆ ☆•°*”˜˜”*☆
                       ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆★☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.☆



 
 
VISIT ME AT Toi's Blog for the other half of our chat

4 comments:

  1. Your creativity and kindness never ceases to amaze me. Maybe down the road, if you’re up to it, you could do a trailer for the Eternal Curse sequel. The one you did or Defined by Others is so simplistically sweet that it makes you want to curl up with it in front of a cozy fire. I’m so glad we did this. Love catching up with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWW.. Blushing! Anytime Toi and I can make several videos, my new hobby ... feels like drawing or knitting!

      Delete
  2. Blog awards aren’t for everyone one, but you have inspired me and I’ve nominated you for an award. Please take a look when have a chance. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might be interested now that I have been blogging for several years

      Delete