Monday, February 2, 2015

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ❤ TOUR THROUGH BLOGLAND ❤ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ




 

The rules for this project

  1. Pass the tour on to up to four other bloggers.
  2. Give them the rules and a specific Monday to post.
  3. Answer 4 questions about your creative process which lets other bloggers and visitors know what inspires you to do what you do.
  4. The last part of Tour Through Blogland is to write a one-time article which is to be posted on a Monday (the date supplied by your nominator). This article can be in the same post in which you answered the 4 questions. The article can be anything of your choosing. BLOGLAND USUALLY POSTS ON MONDAYS but ~ My guests will be posting on Monday or Tuesday ; February 9-10 or February 16-17 ,  due to previous commitments.
 ( I chose to post twice LINK to FIRST POST )

MY THREE LOVELY GUESTS
one from Romania and two from South Africa
 
CARMEN STEFANESCU  @  Shadows of The Past
 
LYNELLE CLARK  @ Llynelle Clark Aspiredwriter
 
WANDA HARTZENBERG  @ Tattle Tale            



http://shadowspastmystery.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.htmlCarmen Stefanescu


resides in Romania, the native country of the infamous vampire Count Dracula, but where, for about 50 years of communist dictatorship, just speaking about God, faith, reincarnation or paranormal phenomena could have led someone to great trouble - the psychiatric hospital if not to prison.
            Teacher of English and German in her native country and mother of two daughters, Carmen Stefanescu survived the grim years of oppression, by escaping in a parallel world, that of the books. 

She has dreamed all her life to become a writer, but many of the things she wrote during those years remained just drawer projects. The fall of the Ceausescu’s regime in 1989, and the opening of the country to the world meant a new beginning for her. She started publishing. Poems first, and then prose. Both in English.
 
 


 
BUY LINKS FOR SHADOWS of the PAST
 
 
 
 
STALK CARMEN
 
twitter ~ facebook ~ goodreads ~ Pinterest



CREATIVE PROCESS

1- Are you more plot or character driven in your writing process and why?

I think that most stories have aspects of both – but if I look at Shadows of the Past, my story, I  can  say the plot is driven more by my characters. Genevieve, in the medieval part of the book takes center stage and drives the plot. The same does Ann in the modern-days part of the story. In fact, this is also valid for my other novels that are for the moment in various stages of editing.
2- Where do you find most of your inspiration?

 Jack London says:” You can’t wait for inspiration.  You have to go after it with a club.” He was absolutely write. My life experience is a main source of inspiration: the people I meet, a movie, an article in a newspaper, a life event told by someone, a dream, or even a line in a poem. History events, other books, writing prompts, blogs. There are so many sources of inspiration nowadays. 

3- Do you work on more than one project at a time?

It depends. I, as a rule, prefer to finish one project and then start another. Different projects, different characters, different moods, different settings. So, no, only one project at a time. But  I can work on the edits my editor sends to me for a book, at the same time going on with the work on a WIP project.

4- Do you stick to projected storyline or do you let a story flow and take it's own life?

I find sort of a hybrid approach works for me. I start with what I projected but soon the story will take a flow of its own. One idea or event will flow in one after the other. I might have some points I want to include, some notes. But the actual writing is pretty free-flowing. I call it "letting my pen speak to me".

(¯`v´¯)
   `*.¸.*´ ★
              ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨) ★
                    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•. ★


 

Lynelle Clark lives in Gauteng, South Africa. Her writing career began in 2010. Lynelle has always loved to read books, in which she discovers new worlds. Meeting new people and travelling is one of her passions. So far, the writing journey has been exciting, but it helps that she loves the whole process from beginning to end.



Stalk  Lynelle

 
CREATIVE PROCESS
1- Are you more plot or character driven in your writing process and why?
Plot driven: Normally a topic or subject will grab my attention; something I’m curious about. A person that passes me on the street: something in his or her face, manner or posture will draw my attention and then I wonder what’s his/her story. When looking at photos of people, something will catch my attention me and I will wonder why they are sad or look depressed, tired even. Even when an interesting situation happens I wonder how it begins. An article I read in a magazine or newspaper. Or traveling, I see a lonely house in the open veldt; why did they build it on that spot. Why so far from town or people? Do they have something to hide? All kinds of questions will form in my head, and seeking an answer; I will create a story. Bella’s Choice started like that.
The characters follows as the story grows.  I never know who they will be and they are born as it develops. From there I allow the character to tell me what will happen in the story, just flowing with the scene. Sometimes I am surprised, not sure if this is the way I want to go with the story but some how it feels right. I am busy with my third book and find myself in that situation right now. It is a military romance, written in three parts, and the heroin with the story finds herself abducted and in a very tough situation. Will I do what she’s about to do in a similar situation?

2- Where do you find most of your inspiration?
I think I already answered this question but to add to it, I find my inspiration in people, events, my own experiences which will reflect in many of the characters or situations. You can only write what you know and although I do have a good general knowledge I cannot write for instance a medical thriller since I have no knowledge of medicine, procedures or what happens in the life of a doctor, nurse or hospital. So I stick mostly with what I know or have experienced in my own life.
 
3- Do you work on more than one project at a time?
Yes I do. I already mentioned the military romance. It is currently with a few ladies that helps me with the story before I will send it to an editor. My aim is to published by the middle of the year.
My first book, A Pirate’s Wife, drew the attention of a publisher and they want me to expand the story making it a series of three books. When I have time I do more research on it and will start writing in February.
I have written a book for NaNoWritMo last year and I am still busy creating the story on information I receive in newspapers. It is totally different from what I normally write. It is a futuristic thriller that plays off in South Africa. Although there will be romance within it…J The problems with the rising acid water in my country is the main topic mixed with the current problems of corruptions, and if left on its damaging coarse, the devastation it will have for us as a nation.

4- Do you stick to projected storyline or do you let a story flow and take its own life?
I definitely let it flow although I do keep with my projected story: some how the two always comes together. Maybe with a few twists and turns but I do get there… 
 
 

(¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´ ★
              ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨) ★
                    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•. ★

 

 
My name is Wanda Hartzenberg and I am a native South African. I still live in Pretoria where I was raised as a child. I used to think of myself as somebody that pushed the boundaries but not till late last year did I really decide that I need to push myself harder to really see what I am made off. As little as two and a half years back on this very same blog I promised that I am a reader. A very passionate reader at that but that I would never venture into the world as a writer. Half a year later I made myself a liar. My first collaborative work for a charity was published as The Struggle Of Me, a YA novel about fitting in when your home life is at best dysfunctional. 2014 my first solo short story based on true events was published as Suicide Song. This story is still very close to my heart as I

have stood next to grave sides of so many friends who could not cope with life any longer. I have since joined forces with our very own Catalina writing joint magazine articles based on history for an online magazine; The Inflectionist. It seems the more I push myself the more I realize that I mistook rebellion for growth and now in my early forties I see the error of my youthful ways. I honestly cannot tell you where I see myself in 10 years time but I do know by then this bio will be nothing but the foundation of where I started from as a writer and a reader. Because let's face it, nothing beats a good book.

 



1-      Are you more plot or character driven in your writing process and why

Oh my, this took me way too long to figure out definitively. I would say character driven but I so do like a strong plot line. I however first see a character in a situation and then about a 100 more situations before I go….hmm. So maybe we can write a story around this person… So yes, character driven all the way.

2-      Where do you find most of your inspiration?  

In real life. I know a lot of people. Really a lot, and I find them all quite strange and with their own quirks. So if I observe a person behaving out of character according to what I know about them it sets off a chain reaction in my mind. My second biggest influence is music. If I recall my emotional reaction towards an everyday occurrence then I tend to use that emotion into a similar situation.  


3-      Do you work on more than one project at a time?  

All the time, my OCD never left me and that is a good thing cause it makes my ADD a bit more productive, however I dislike this about myself, I think I would be far less stressed if I could simply start and finish a simply project. But for the life of me…ooh look a Porche 911 with angel wings….pretty.  


4-      Do you stick to projected storyline or do you let a story flow and take its own life?  


I honestly map out the entire storyline in my head before I even ever start on that first line…. So by the time I pen it down I seldom change things…in my mind…. I am flexible but never truly give over control to my plot line.


 
 
(¯`v´¯)
   `*.¸.*´ ★
             ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨) ★
                 (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•. ★
.




 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for including me in this great tour!
    It gives me an opportunity to reach new readers and meet other lovely authors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always interesting to see how writers differ in their approaches, and how what works for some might not work for others. Fun tour, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contact any of my three guests to join the tour, thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for including me in the nomination. It is wonderful to share the spot with such talented authors.

    ReplyDelete