(also has a strong Historical tone)
Welcome to the true, terrifying story in Hollow Blood, Book One of the debut Sleepy Hollow Horrors by Austin Dragon. Ichabod Crane is dead! Everyone knows it. That was 10 years ago. And now a lone stranger has come to their quiet town looking for him. He is friendly enough, well-mannered, educated, but there is a secret about this man—he is not what he seems. All of Sleepy Hollow is soon turned upside-down when they learn the truth.
It is only the beginning, as they find themselves in the path of his black vengeance, his hunt for the foul murderer of Ichabod Crane. This stranger threatens not only their lives by his presence, but their very souls by bringing about the return of the hellish Headless Horseman!
For Sci Fi:
Hell’s Menagerie: Tek-Fall (Episode II) is the companion novella in the After Eden science fiction and international thriller series by Austin Dragon—a dramatic mix of politics, religion, and intrigue. The sci-fi, adventure began in Episode I with the hunt for the elusive “Man Made Out of String.” But it was only the tip of the iceberg for a broader mission for the Faithers. In Episode II, they seek the “Zoo.” There is a secret bio-tek race by rogue international alliances to create life—bizarre, amazing, and horrifying—and some have escaped into the wild. From the tek-cities of America to Spanish Australia to secret island locations all over the world, the sci-fi adventure thriller continues in the year 2093.
· What inspired you to write this particular story (and/or series)?
· Describe your writing in three words. Fast, profound, fun.
· Do you have specific techniques you use to develop the plot and stay on track?
· Are your characters in the book based on anyone you know?
· Was there any research involved in your work?
Hollow Blood and the concluding The Devil’s Patch has a lot of history from early America that most don’t even know. But all that research is ‘under the surface’ without intruding on the telling of the story.
The series is set almost 80 years in the future, but might be my most researched work of all time with the history of America and the world, politics, religion, and science. For those who enjoy a fun, but cerebral saga that takes place all over the world, you can’t beat the After Eden series.
· What authors inspire or influence your work?
· Do you need visual media to describe people or places? (Some authors use pics. out of magazines)
· Favorite snack when writing.
· Do you have a Muse?
· Once a character is fully developed do you set them free or do they still dance around your mind?
· Is the Thesaurus one of your best writing friends?
I love, love, love the thesaurus. Learn new words, better ways to write the sentence, and stop using over-used words.
· Who gets to read your drafts before they're published?
My manuscripts go through two different editors at least and then a team of beta readers/reviewers before they are released.
· Share with us your biggest hurdles in the writing process?
· Share the biggest hurdles in the marketing process.
· What project(s) are you working on now?
My next projects (or Phase II this year) are my new upcoming sci-fi series, mystery/sci-fi hybrid, and my YA dystopian series.
· Is there anything else you would like to say to your readers?
· Where can readers find you and your book(s) online?
Austin Dragon is author of the After Eden Series, including the After Eden: Tek-Fall mini-series, and the new Sleepy Hollow Horrors. He is a native New Yorker, but has called Los Angeles, California home for the last twenty years. Words to describe him, in no particular order: U.S. Army, English teacher, one-time resident of Paris, political junkie, movie buff, campaign manager and staffer of presidential and gubernatorial campaigns, Fortune 500 corporate recruiter, renaissance man, and dreamer.
In 2015, he releases the next books in the science fiction series along with brand new series and new genres!