Saturday, May 9, 2015

SPOTLIGHT on AUTHOR ~ C. Lee McKenzie

C. Lee McKenzie
 

I’m a native Californian who grew up in a lot of different places; then landed in the Santa Cruz Mountains where I live with my family. I write most of the time, garden, hike and do yoga a lot. I travel whenever I can. Last year I got to Amsterdam, Barbados and Burma. Next year is still in the planning stages, but Ireland and Cuba are on my list.

 

 

 

In my writing, I take on modern issues that today's teens face in their daily lives. My first young adult novel, Sliding on the Edge, which dealt with cutting and suicide was published in 2009. My second, titled The Princess ofLas Pulgas, dealing with a family who loses everything and must rebuild their lives came out in 2010. Double Negative (2014) was my third young adult novel. Researching it turned me into a literacy advocate. My fourth YA, SuddenSecrets came out in December 2014.

 

 


 

When I really want to have fun, I write middle grade books. Alligators Overhead was my first published book for readers age 8-12, and the sequel, The Great Time Lock Disaster, is now out.
 

Sliding On The EdgeAlligators OverheadThe Great Time Lock Disaster: Sequel to Alligators OverheadThe Princess of Las PulgasSudden SecretsHeroes of Phenomena: audiomachine
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment