Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Dragon Blood Draco Sang Trilogy Book 1 by Mary Beesley Genre: YA Fantasy

  • What inspired you to write this book?

            Probably better not to dive to deep into the weird folds of my brain for where these ideas come from.

  •  What can we expect from you in the future?

LOTS OF BOOKS! I have 8 completed manuscripts and 3 work in progress manuscripts on my hard drive. They range from YA fantasy to women’s fiction.

Dragon Blood is book 1 in a YA fantasy trilogy. Book 2, Wolf Pack is scheduled to come out November 2021. TO UNITE A REALM, is an adult fantasy that is completely unrelated to Dragon Blood. I also have an adult romantic comedy, BETTING ON LOVE, that’s set to come out in 2021. It might be unconventional to write in so many different genres, but I love them all and I want to write what I love. 

  • Can you tell us a little bit about Dragon Blood? 

DRAGON BLOOD is a YA fantasy about twin brothers separated at birth and raised as enemies. They both carry the Dragon's blood, but one is struggling to conquer it and remain human while the other desperately wants to submit and rise in the ranks of the Draco Sang. 

  • How did you come up with the concept and characters for the book?

For Dragon Blood, there was very little outside research before the writing started because I didn’t know what I didn’t know yet. I spent most of the prewriting time inside my brain instead of on google. I had an entire spiralbound filled with notes on plot, scene, character, world etc, that I’d dreamed up. It was later during drafting that I’d have to look up things like animal traits or fighting techniques. 

  • Where did you come up with the names in the story?

By drawing my own blood and splattering it on the wall and seeing what names appear. 

  • Who designed your book covers?

            Cammie Larsen with Monster Ivy Publishing. She’s great!     

  • Convince us why you feel your book is a must read.

            This is so hard from me, so I’m pulling this review from goodreads and I hope it’s convincing you to want to read my book:

Dragon Blood is Beesley's debut novel. It's a YA fantasy following two brothers on opposite sides of a war. One embraces his kind and the other tries to hid what's in his blood. Both are faced with huge decisions.
This is the best thing I've read over the last couple months. Beesley has a rich writing style that really pulled her world and her characters together. She presented us with overwhelming joy and immense pain. I'm not ashamed to say I did shed a tear or two during a certain part of this book. The bonds between her characters were so good and they felt so alive. I would recommend every fantasy loving reader check out this book. It's sitting on my favourite shelf with Eragon, The Stormlight Archives, and other huge fantasy books because this little book deserves it. I am anxiously waiting for book two because the ending was just... what the heck? She knows how to write a book and make you beg for more.”
 

Dragon Blood
Draco Sang Trilogy Book 1
by Mary Beesley
Genre: YA Fantasy


Cal, a hungry sixteen-year-old sick of mining the sand, wants to fit in and make his ma proud, but instead, his violent tendencies bring shame. And the truth. He’s the son of a Draco Sang. Carriers of the Dragon’s blood, the Draco Sang transform into half human half beast as they mature into adults. And if Cal can't control the dark impulses of his dragon blood, he'll grow into a man-beast—and he'll be hunted.

Ferth, son of a Draco Sang chief and last of his class to grow claws, needs to prove his worth to his father, or he'll be sent to the slave house. Hiding his human heart, he joins the army headed south to conquer the fertile human lands.

Neither brother feels they belong. Cal is human, fighting against becoming a beastly Draco Sang, while Ferth is struggling to push back his humanity and transform into a worthy Draco warrior.

Before ever meeting in open battle, Ferth is sent to kill Cal. But when he learns they are brothers, he must decide which loyalty is stronger, blood or country. And whether to finally give in to his humanity.







Mary Beesley believes humans are born to create, and promotes creativity in all its beautiful forms. She's learning calligraphy and watercolor. She loves exploring our magnificent planet and finding all the best places to eat around the world. But nothing beats coming home and sharing a pot of slow-simmered minestrone and homemade sourdough with friends and family. If she's not in her writing chair, you'll probably find her hiking in the Utah mountains with her husband and four children.










Follow the tour HERE for special content and a giveaway!

$25 Amazon giftcard – 2 winners!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment