Wednesday, March 26, 2014

MAVERICK TOUCH by ASHLEY NEMER presentedby The Art of Safkhet



The Joys of Maverick!

It is such a great pleasure to bring the Maverick Touch series to life. You have no idea how wonderful it is to have a set of characters that do all the work for you. Nadia and Carlisle have many more tales to tell but this one was a lot of fun to write. It took a total of 22 days (27 if you count the few days I took off) to complete the first draft of the novel. It was my very first successful NaNoWriMo! And let me tell you that was no easy feat.
Last year I tried writing the first novel, Maverick Touch The Cat in the 30 days but alas I got sick and it took seven weeks to complete. I am so pleased that this year I made it!
What I love about the Maverick Touch series is that each book, while in a series, is going to be a stand-alone novel. As much as I love my Blood Series it is far too complicated to build each book on-top of one another like I had made it. Another little nugget about the Maverick series is it will always be a clean and quirky novel. I wanted a novel that my dad could be proud of. One that I knew he would be able to read and say, “This is my Daughter!”
I had no idea what a struggle it would be to keep it clean! Because I’m not just talking about sexual content and adult language. I’m also talking about the violence level. It is hard to have a murder mystery series with very little gore! At least to me. But It is proving to be a success.
This series will always be just a feel good afternoon read. It is meant to be light, easy and fun. I know that when I read the novel I am left smiling. Because Nadia and Mr. A just make you smile. Everything about them is enjoying.
And this time we start diving into Nadia’s sister a bit too. I am not sure how many novels are going to come to pass with the Mavericks but as many as the characters want. The next journey will be about Anabella, Nadia’s sister. I will write her novel during NaNoWriMo November2014. I know a few of my fans are upset that it will be a full year in between each novel but that’s part of the fun for me. I have a year to come up with the where and why of the story and then when Nov 1 hits bamm out of the gate running with drama! 
Sometimes when I look at these characters and the depth of the stories I find myself shocked at how far I have come from the girl who couldn’t form two sentences without a grammatical mistake. That was me in school. English and Ashley did not melt together, at all. Like oil and water. 
But somehow I am finding a way to make it all work and for that I am eternally grateful to the Grammar Gods for keeping me aligned. 
I hope that you all check out the Maverick Touch series. Book one, The Cat, is always free on any e-reader. I want you guys to love my work so please go out, read The Cat and then go pick up The Highway. It is only 2.99 on e-books and 10 in print. 
Let me know if Mr. A becomes your favorite bad boy. He already has quite a little fan base following him.
 






 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment