Thursday, April 3, 2014

C is for CARROTS

 
 
 
C is for carrots I love the color, the crunch and the taste. I love carrots raw, cooked, baked and of course adore carrot cake ! A lucky break that carrots are so healthy makes them the ideal C choice for things I LOVE! As a child my favorite cartoon character was carrot munching Bugs Bunny (I also like carrots with rabbit stew).
For Carrot Cake:
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
8 1/2 ounces can crushed pineapple, packed in juice, drained well,
reserve juice
1 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

For Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting:
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice

For Directions visit
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment