Maris Forrester has a wonderful life with an amazing boyfriend and a fulfilling job. She’s happy and content . . . or so she thinks. Maris has always had huge dreams of being on Broadway. Ever since her very first performance as a child, she has envisioned herself on the stage under the shining lights. Now she has to decide whether she should to give up her wonderful life to chase those dreams.
When her parents announce they are moving, she comes across a long-lost family treasure. She doesn’t realize that this treasure may hold the key to her future and to all her dreams coming true.
And if that wasn’t sign enough, a mysterious stranger throws another wrench in the mix at a dazzling rooftop party benefiting the Arts. These could be signs of things to come.
But will she remain content in her perfect world, or will she step into the unknown world she has always dreamed of?
About the author:
Melissa graduated from the University of Central Florida with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications; she has always had a love for writing. An avid journal keeper, she took her creativity to the next level by fulfilling her dream with her debut novel, An Event To Remember . . . Or Forget. Since then she has written and published two more novels, Wedding Haters and See You Soon Broadway within 14 months.
Melissa resides in Orlando, Florida, with her husband and young daughter. When she isn’t writing, this multi-tasking master organizer is busy being a mother, wife, chauffeur, PTA President, and Fitness Trainer.
When she has free time, she enjoys traveling, running, fitness, fashion, and taking a Disney Cruise every now and then.
What is your book about?
· What inspired you to write this particular story (and/or series)?
· Describe your writing in three words. Fun, Entertaining, Light-hearted
· Do you have specific techniques you use to develop the plot and stay on track?
· Are your characters in the book based on anyone you know?
· My grandmothers were both strong, fascinating women. Maris and Georgie are based on characteristics of these amazing women. See You Soon Broadway is the first book in the Broadway Series. I can’t wait to find out what other adventures these girls get intoJ
· What authors inspire or influence your work?
I have always loved the writing of authors Sophie Kinsella and Jane Green. Since I started writing my own novels I have met so many fabulous authors who have inspired me and have become my friends.
· Once a character is fully developed do you set them free or do they still dance around your mind?
I haven’t been able to set any of my characters free yet. I believe that most of them still have a story or an adventure to experience. I feel like a mother to my characters and I’m not ready to let them go just yetJ
· Share with us your biggest hurdles in the writing process?
My biggest hurdles during the writing proves are evil social media websites (i.e. Facebook and Pinterest) and ridiculous TV shows like The Bachelor and Beverly Hills 90210 reruns.
· What project(s) are you working on now?
I am currently working on my 4th book- a stand-alone novel with some fun new characters. I’ve also started working on the third book in the Event to Remember series-many readers are interested in finding out what Sienna, Madison and Ace are up tooJ.
· Where can readers find you online?