Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Nikki Loves Her Hair by Nailah Jones

Nikki is a young girl who loves everything about her natural hair. She loves all of the hairstyles she can do and matching with mommy and friends! Buy on Amazon

 

Nailah Jones is a natural haired girl from Snellville, Georgia. After years of getting relaxers, she realized her natural hair better fit her identity and later decided to go back to her natural roots. She has now had locs for two years and counting. Nailah thinks that it is important to let other natural girls in her community know how beautiful their natural hair is, so they never have to wonder!

INTERVIEW

  • A common misconception entwined with authors is that they are socially inept, how true is that?

I don't think it's true at all. Although authors are thought of to always be in their head, their head, that doesn't mean that they are socially awkward.

  • Do all authors have to be grammar Nazis?

No! I think it depends on your style of writing and how stickler you are about it.

  • If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?

Maybe Harry Potter? There was so much thought and detail that went into that series. 

  • What makes this particular genre you are involved in so special?


    I think being a children's book author is rewarding and exciting because I am happy to pass down love and positivity to the younger generations.

    • How important is research to you when writing a book?

    It depends on what kind of book/novel you are writing. I think that great novels can be based off of personal experience and your imagination alone.

    • What works best for you: Typewriters, fountain pen, dictate, computer or longhand?

    I like using pen and ink. There's nothing like putting things down on paper yourself.

    • When did it dawn upon you that you wanted to be a writer?

    I think I always knew, even as a child that my future career would revolve around writing somehow. I ended up going to school for journalism and decided to create a children's book in my spare time. Writing is everywhere around me!

    • What inspires you to write?

    Experiencing life and processing everything going on around me, and everything happening to me.

     

     Facebook / Instagram Twitter / Pinterest Website / Linkedin

    Win a paperback 

    Follow the Book Tour 

    March 11 

    Review- Defining Ways 

    Interview – Promotional Book Tours 

    March 12 

    Review – Bookalicious Babes 

    Guest Post – Introspective Press 

    March 13 

    Review – Taking Time for Mommy 

    Interview – 4covert2overt A Place In The Spotlight 

    March 14 Review – My Crafty Life 

    Guest Post – Susan Heim on Parenting 

    March 15 

    Guest Post – Celticlady’s Reviews 

    Review – Reading Authors 

    Guest Post – Reading with Frugal Mom 

    Guest Post – Pretty Opinionated

    No comments:

    Post a Comment