Hide Not Seek Blog Tour
10 Things I’ve learned
As Hide Not Seek is my fifteenth novel (still find that hard to believe!), I thought it was a good time to reflect on what I’ve learned since I started on this journey.
1. Everyone thinks that a writer isn’t busy. I don’t have enough fingers and toes to count the number of times I’ve been asked by friends and acquaintances how I manage not to get bored when my hubby is off working.
2. A lot of people don’t read. Seriously, they don’t read novels. I am flabbergasted and confused.
3. Readers assume that the main character of each novel is you only more funny, mad, sad, [fill in the appropriate adjective here].
4. Self-publishing is not for the fainthearted. If the prejudice against indie writing doesn’t get you down, then the sheer amount of extra work an indie writer needs to do to get noticed will.
5. Finishing the book is just the start. Now you need to market the book and find readers. And somehow manage not to become discouraged and want to jump off a bridge.
6. There comes a point in every book when you think: I can’t do this, I don’t know how to end this, where do I go from here? Just. Keep. Writing. If that doesn’t work, alcohol can drown out that little voice in your head.
7. Always carry a notebook with you. You won’t remember that awesome idea you had in the middle of the night, in the shower, while on the bus, etc. You might want to remember a pen or pencil as well.
8. Bad reviews are like getting a negative job performance review that everyone just watched on YouTube. And then judges you based upon it.
9. Grammar is harder than I remember from school. Or maybe it’s just me wanting to start sentences with conjunctions, use hyphens instead of commas, and write dialogues like people really talk. What’s an Oxford comma again?
10. It’s okay to say you’re a writer even if you aren’t on the bestseller list. Yeah right. Still working on this one.
HIDE NOT SEEK TOUR PARTICIPANTS
April 22 – Mallory Heart's Cozies – REVIEW
April 22 – Literary Gold – SPOTLIGHT
April 23 – ⒾⓃⓉⓇⓄⓈⓅⒺⒸⓉⒾⓋⒺ ⓅⓇⒺⓈⓈ - CHARACTER INTERVIEW
April 24 – Ascroft, eh? – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
April 25 – Ruff Drafts – SPOTLIGHT
April 25 – I'm All About Books – GUEST POST
April 26 – Laura's Interests – SPOTLIGHT
April 26 – MJB Reviewers – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
April 27 – 4covert2overt ☼ A Place In The Spotlight ☼ - GUEST POST
April 27 – T's Stuff – SPOTLIGHT
April 28 – Readeropolis – SPOTLIGHT
April 29 – Babs Book Bistro – SPOTLIGHT
April 30 – Cozy Up With Kathy – CHARACTER GUEST POST
May 1 – My Reading Journeys – SPOTLIGHT
May 1 – Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book – GUEST POST
May 2 – ❧Defining Ways❧ - CHARACTER GUEST POST
May 2 – A Blue Million Books – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
May 3 – Books Direct – REVIEW
May 3 – The Book's the Thing – REVIEW
May 4 – Here's How It Happened - CHARACTER GUEST POST
May 4 – LibriAmoriMiei – REVIEW
May 5 – Celticlady's Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
May 5 – StoreyBook Reviews – REVIEW