Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Bella Cigna Foreign Endearments Book 1 by Wendi Dass Genre: Chick-Lit, Contemporary Romance

 

  • What inspired you to write this book?

When I wrote Bella Cigna, I had a lot of memories floating in my head of living in Rome. I had also just given birth to my daughter and the talk between me and my friends often involved children or lack thereof. I suppose Bella Cigna allowed me to explore some of the heartaches my friends experienced while trying to conceive.

  •  What can we expect from you in the future? 

The Foreign Endearment series will be a trilogy. I hope to submit the second book to my publisher by the first of the year (a lofty goal, I know!). I also have another trilogy planned (one novel was written) which I hope to finish before the end of the century :). 

  • Do you have any “side stories” about the characters?

Shhhh! This one is kind of embarrassing but I totally have a file titled I like bad boys in my Bella Cigna folder. It’s a character sketch about Anna, and IT WAS SO FUN TO WRITE! 

  • Where did you come up with the names in the story?

Since my characters are often international, I often use common names lists from those countries to help. Another go-to: the tennis tour. LOL. I happen to be a huge tennis fan and wouldn’t you know it? There are players from everyone on tour! Pay close attention to the teacher introductions in Bella Cigna, and you’ll find they’re all taken from the tennis circuit. 

  • Are your characters based on real people or did they all come entirely from your imagination?

My characters tend to have snippets of traits from many people in my life. For example, Anna is a mathematician, which is clearly drawn from my experience as a math professor, however, the rest of her personality couldn’t be farther from my own. 

  • Do your characters seem to hijack the story or do you feel like you have the reigns of the story?

Oh, they totally hijack the story! During the first draft, I let them take me wherever they want to go. Usually, by the third draft, I’m feeling confident enough to chide them. “Stop crying, Sarah! It’s not an attractive quality.” Or, “you can’t sleep with that guy, Anna. Just because he’s hot, doesn’t mean he’s good for you.”



Devastated by personal loss, Sarah Flynn escapes to Rome where she finds a job teaching English. Only the girls' school is like a nunnery and she's expected to speak fluent Italian overnight. What has she gotten herself into? While the beautiful sights rekindle her interest in art, not even her brush finding canvas can heal all the wounds she carries. She'll need the help of a meddling nun, a nutty mathematician, and a handsome Italian admirer. Can Sarah overcome the insecurities born of a shattered marriage? Will she again take a chance on love?


**On Sale for only $2.99 Dec 1st-13th!!**





Wendi Dass is a math professor and author from Charlottesville, Virginia. Her writing interests include literary short stories, flash fiction, and novel-length women's fiction and romance. Wendi's short stories have been published in several small journals, including Black Fox Literary and The Ocotillo Review, among others. When she's not devising deceptively delicious problems for her students she can be found drafting her latest story.




Follow the tour HERE for special content and a giveaway!

$25 Amazon gift card + Author Swag


No comments:

Post a Comment