Sunday, January 3, 2021

North Star Angel by Mila Nicks Genre: YA Romance

 

  • Tell us about your main characters- what makes them tick? 

The female protagonist in North Star Angel is Mariah Rowland. She’s an eighteen-year-old college freshman who is still figuring things out. She’s a perfectionist who assumed she would excel at college the way she did in high school, but she soon learns that things don’t come as easily to her as they did in the past. She doesn’t know what to do now that she feels like a failure and that’s what motivates her to seek out the familiar. The problem is, the familiar is not-so-familiar anymore. She spends the duration of the story trying to find her footing and learning everything is not what it seems. 

The male protagonist in North Star Angel is Mason Wright. He’s an eighteen-year-old working a part-time job with dreams of becoming a police officer. He’s mysterious and a bit rough around the edges, but he has a good heart. He’s on a journey to California when he runs into his ex-best friend, Mariah, and offers to give her a lift. His main goal this road trip is to experience the sights and sounds. He’s motivated by living life to the fullest because everything changes for him once he reaches California. 

  • What made you want to become an author and do you feel it was the right decision? 

Absolutely the right decision. I can’t pinpoint my desire to become an author to one thing other than that I love telling stories. It’s always been who I am no matter the age I am or the phase of life I’m in. What I write changes, but my desire to write will always be there. As an author, I feel so fortunate to be able to publish my books and entertain readers. 

  • A day in the life of the author? 

I’m a part-time author who juggles author duties with my main career and school, but on a day I’m able to devote 100% of my time to author stuff, I usually start off by checking my author email. After I sort through those, I move onto social media. I’m not big on social media, to be completely honest. I didn’t even have social media before becoming an indie author, but I still try to check mine daily. Once I’m through with that, I check any ads I’m running for my books to see how they’re performing. I usually don’t start writing until late morning. Most of the time I don’t get many words down, because I’m much more creative at night. I usually save the afternoon for any editing I need to do. At night, I write. I get down probably 80% of my writing between the hours of 7 p.m. and 1 a.m. 

  • The advice they would give new authors? 

Never compare yourself to others. Everyone’s author journey is different.





The map of your heart will show you the way...

It’s Christmas 1997 and Mariah Rowland’s freshman year of college couldn’t be more of a disaster. Her high school boyfriend dumped her, her course load is stressing her out, and the college parties aren’t what they’re cracked up to be. Craving some normalcy, Mariah heads home for the holidays, but after a shocking discovery, she realizes even home isn’t the same.
 
Now she’s on a cross-country quest to right a wrong. Accompanying her is ex-best friend, Mason Wright. Mason’s on a mysterious journey of his own as he makes his way to California. Wounds old and new are opened between the friends throughout their travels, including some feelings they thought no longer existed. 
 
But as their road trip ends, Mariah once again discovers that nothing is as it seems. She has some life-altering decisions to make that will change things forever.

North Star Angel is a coming of age, friends to lovers, holiday romance with a guaranteed HEA. It features young adult characters in mature situations and may not be suitable for readers under eighteen.









Mila Nicks is an emerging romance author on a mission to pen heartfelt love stories featuring women of color.
From the time she was a small girl with crayons and an overactive imagination, she’s had a passion for storytelling. In addition to receiving her Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, she is presently pursuing her MFA in Creative Writing. She has also served her country in the United States Air Force.
When she isn’t penning uplifting love stories, you can find this imaginative writer traveling across the globe, sampling new cuisines, or spending quality time with her spunky pet Chihuahua, Zayden. 





Follow the tour HERE for special content and a giveaway!
$15 Amazon

1 comment:

  1. Ilove how the cover was done. It is so original and eye catching.

    ReplyDelete