1. When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I think I’ve always been a writer; it’s just that most of my books were in my head.
2. Do you have a favorite movie?
I have many. The top is reserved for Gone with the Wind, which I watched with my
Nana once a year growing up. Scarlet O’Hara fascinates me. She was a woman who
did what she had to do at a time when women were supposed to sit and look pretty.
Her methods were questionable, no doubt. But she had gumption.
3. Which of your novels can you imagine made into a movie?
All of them. I have this series to finish and two more series’ in the pipeline.
4. What literary pilgrimages have you gone on?
I’ve been to Bubba Gump for a meal and met Forrest Gump, and I’ve seen The
Jenny at Universal Studios Orlando. Does that count?
5. As a writer, what would you choose as your mascot/avatar/spirit animal?
I’m a dragon. And I have all the reasons other than it sounds ‘cool,’ but the reasons
are so intensely personal that sharing them would be too much. Maybe someday I’ll